Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grace's First Stab at Non-Fiction Prose

Have you ever been so proud of yourself that it almost made you cry? I have! It all started at 5:30 A.M. My mom made me get up for skating. Of course, I was tired so I went back to sleep in the car. When we got to Omaha, it was 6:45 and I had to get up and get into the rink.

I got my skates on and went out to the ice. It was cold and almost dark in there. I wanted a jacket, but I didn't have one, so I skated in the cold rink with out a coat. When it was time for my lesson, I wanted so badly to do my axel that I almost screamed, but I didn't.

Then I started to work on my axel and I almost landed it. "Do a sow cow from a stand still Grace," my coach said. I thought, "I"m finally going to start my double sow cow!" I could hardly breathe! I did one but it wasn't a double. And that was the day I was really proud of myself for starting my double sow cow!

*Grace's spelling and punctuation intact. My favorite is "sow cow."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grace, your writing and your energy is so infectious :) Hate to be an "old lady," but the first and last time I saw you, you were a baby sleeping in a crib. I hope someday soon to see you perform on the ice. Thank you for sharing your experience. I loved it!

Unknown said...

Hi Lynn. This is Grace. Thanks for writing back to me. I hope you can see me skate soon too.