Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Postcard from the Rink

Last week two other Moms joined me on the ice for Learn to Skate. Watch out kids! Because if we fall on you, you will be smushed! I worked on backwards swizzles and stroking and backward one-foot glides. I have to be able to glide a length of ice equal to twice my height. This is not the first time in my life I've regretted being 5'10. If I were 4'8 I'd have passed Level Three already. Sigh. I also learned the beginnings of a two-footed spin. I think I'm going to like spinning, although I wasn't turning very fast and still got that dizzy feeling in my tummy. At the end of class, Grace skated over and gave me some tips so that I was able to work in a few more turns at a just-slightly higher rate of speed.

I ordered a new point and shoot digital camera and I'm hoping it arrives before Wednesday night so I can try it out along with my Flip Ultra (BUY ONE OF THESE -- they are great!).

I'm working up a longer post, but didn't want to let the Blog go for too long without saying anything. I'll give you a hint: the new post is about limit-experiences and learning. Enough said.

More coming soon...

No comments: